She has done the ungodly thing of writing a book about a topic that has no fence sitters, everyone one has an opinion, and everybody’s opinion is right.”
That’s how my interview with Robb Wolf started.
I wasn’t exactly sure if that was a compliment or something else, but I quickly found out.
If you don’t know Robb, he’s a NYT best-selling author and host of The Paleo Solution Podcast, which remains one of the top-rated health podcasts available.
Our interview went live last week and has roused up a whole ‘nother level of support for my approach to managing gestational diabetes (and a decent amount of controversy).
Listen in here (on Libsyn) or here (on Robb’s site).
(Or search on iTunes for episode 269 of The Paleo Solution Podcast.)
I have to say, this was one of my favorite podcast interviews to date. Robb asked great questions that led to an in-depth discussion of:
- whether gestational diabetes is a “made-up” diagnosis
- physiological changes that happen during pregnancy
- controversy around the glucose tolerance test commonly used for diagnosing gestational diabetes (and what we can learn from pregnant horses)
- the safety of low-carb diets and ketosis during pregnancy (which I’ve covered before, here)
- examples of meals and food combinations I suggest for women with gestational diabetes
- and a whole lot more…
If you enjoyed this interview about all the gestational diabetes controversies, let me know in the comments below.
As always, I appreciate your support!
Until next week,
PS – If you want to learn more about managing gestational diabetes with real food and simple lifestyle changes (and access pearls of wisdom from my years in clinical practice not found anywhere else – not even in my book), check out the Real Food for Gestational Diabetes Course.
It’s most certainly NOT what your typical dietitian would recommend, and that’s a good thing!